Thursday, April 21, 2016

Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 in Damier Azur Review

Hello my lovelies!

I wanted to give a full and honest review on my Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 in Damier Azur!

I know luxury items such as hand bags and accessories are the sort of topic that people either absolutely love or hate. So with that in mind know that luxury items are something that I choose to spend my hard earned money on.

I wanted to give my opinion on the item and brand to give those of you an idea of whether this item is one you should splurge on or maybe pass up if you're in the market for a new hand bag.

So i have had my bag for a little bit now i purchased it from Louis Vuitton in August of 2015 at the Nashville, Tn. 

I did alot of research before purchasing this bag as this would be my very first item from Louis Vuitton. I went in knowing i wanted something other than the monogram print that was so common. I just could not decide if i wanted the Damier Azur (white/grey canvas) or the Damier Ebene ( light/dark brown canvas). Each had their own pros and cons with the canvas colors.

The Ebene print does not come with the Vachetta handles ( type of leather on most high quality bags that initially is very light but will patina or darken over time). Many people prefer the Ebene canvas for this reason because there is less to worry about. Vachetta does have a certain set of limitations that comes with it. First you don't want to take the bag out in the rain is it has any sort of vachetta on it. Rain can leave permanent water stains on vachetta leather that result in an uneven patina and staining on the leather. Natural oils from your hands can also stain the underside of the handles as well as any lotions or perfumes. This issue scares some people away from purchasing new items that have that type of leather for the fact that they are scared to ruin it. That being said Damier Ebene is becoming a favorite among people because it does come with treated leather that is already a beautiful brown color. The Damier Ebene also comes with a beautiful red interior opposed to post Louis Vuitton handbags that comes with the standard beige interior.

The Azur is a beautiful white/ gray canvas with a light beige interior. It does feature the vachetta handles and will eventually patina over time.

When i was deciding on which bag i wanted i thought about the patina and i knew i wanted a brand new bag with the vachetta handles because i wanted to be able to watch my bag patina over time. I love the look of vintage bags with the gorgeous honey patina and i knew i wanted to have one for my self.
What i absolutely love about vintage Louis Vuittons with the aged patina is that you can tell that bag has a story. I love that the quality of these purses is so great that you will literally have the purse for a life time and be able to pass it down generations and generations. I love that when i see a vintage purse i know it was bought so long ago and cherished by the person that purchased it and that it may have been passed down for many other people to love and enjoy. Its the history that i love.

That being said i knew i wanted to created my own history with my own purse so while the Damier Ebene was stunning i knew i wanted the vachetta leather.

Now for the actual review.

I love my purse. I chose the size 30 because the 25 was so small that it looked like a child's purse but the 35 was just too big for daily use. The size 30 is absolutely perfect for me in the long run. It fits every thing that i carry with me on a daily basis and does not get too heavy. Th purse is made of light weight canvas and alone is very light so you won't have issues carrying this bag around if you don't carry much any way. I love how bright the canvas is! its perfect for the spring and summer months but its not too bright that it can't be used in fall and winter. I personally use mine all year round and have no issues.
I did not opt for the Bandouliere model as crossbody that large tend to hurt my shoulders so i knew i needed a top handle version.
The speedy does only feature on pocket on the inside and feature a top zipper and a lock and key to keep your valuables safe. The only down fall with this type of bag is the lack of pockets and the lack of structure to the bottom of the bag. This bag will sag once you put items inside but if you do not mind that it wont damage the bag in any way. Personally i don't mind that it sags but i do use a bag organizer that adds more pockets and also eliminates the bag sag.

Over all i absolutely love my Speedy 30 and would repurchase this bag in a heart beat. Its so beautiful and really makes a statement. I love the quality of the bag itself! I have had no issues with it and hove not needed to have anything replaced at all.

That is my full review thank you for reading!
Love always,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment