Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Confidence and Hair Extensions

So I wanted to talk for a minute about beauty today, specifically hair extensions.
Let's start by giving a little background for my own hair. 

So I'm part of the millions of women who grow tired of their hair color, length, or look and continually feel like they just need a change. I have been coloring my hair since I was 16 and damaging my hair with heat for even longer. As you can probably guess I have short hair by now after causing so much damage to my hair. Naturally the best solution was to chop it off! 

Well I'm tired of short hair! I love the look of long hair. I love how many different hairstyles can be achieved by just a few more inches of hair! The solution for many is to grow my hair out BUT my hair doesn't grow! 

Before you say it, yes I've tried supplements and vitamins and shampoos and everything under the sun. Once my hair reaches my shoulder it just won't grow anymore. I can't be alone guys! I think my hair gave up on my a long time ago lol. 

Anyway, so we have established growing my hair isn't really an option so the other option would naturally be extensions right? 

Well hair extensions have become such a stigma. If you see someone on the street with beautiful locks of hair and you think beautiful! Yet if someone you knew just showed up one day with the same gorgeous locks, and you knew she had shoulder length hair yesterday, and you think Fake!

Honestly I would love to say I have the confidence to walk out of my house with beautiful long hair everyday and just say I don't care what people say or think but I don't. 
It's embarrassing to have to answer the questions. I can't be alone ladies! 
How many times do you get asked "whose hair is that?!" Or "why would you pay for that?" Or even "that's kind of gross your wearing another persons hair"
For me I don't think of it that way. High quality hair extensions are a luxury item to me. 

Now obviously I'm too lazy to wear hair extensions EVERY day. However special occasions (like my wedding in March) maybe a night out with friends or a special date with my fiancĂ© would be something that I would pull them out for. 

The bottom line is if it makes me feel pretty to have longer hair why would you judge me? 
I don't judge you for the car you drive or the purse you carry or the house you own. I it makes me happy then instead of saying "that's gross why would you want fake hair" how about saying " well you look great!"

The moral of the story here is not onto for us short haired ladies to feel more confident when wearing hair extensions, but also for everyone else to think before you talk. The next time you try to judge a woman for wearing hair extensions maybe think about why she is wearing them. Confidence is key, don't tear someone down because they are different. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Women are too busy tearing eachother down these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Women are too busy tearing eachother down these days!

    ReplyDelete