Monday, February 22, 2016

HOT HEADS TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS REVIEW

Hot Heads Hair Extensions Review

           (My hair before extensions) 


             (My hair after extensions) 

Hey guys! So recently I have decided to take the plunge and had hair extensions put in for my wedding!

So the brand I decided to go with are called Hot Heads Tape Hair Extensions. I did have these put in professionally as I did have very short hair to begin with and knew I wanted the hair to blend more naturally.

So I will be giving my initial thoughts on these extensions and will do an update in a few months.

 

Price:

Now each stylist may be different but my stylist split up the cost into two payments which made it much easier for me to be able to do this. Price will vary by your area and stylist so always check with your stylist for pricing.

Installation:

So the installation literally took only about 30 minutes! I was shocked it only took a few minutes in total I was in her chair for maybe an hour after she installed, cut, and styled my hair. They blend very well with my short hair and the color selection was great! I get compliments all the time on my hair. 

We used two packs on my thick hair and they worked great. We chose two different colors to match my current ombre situation. The two different colors blended perfectly!

Now these extensions are 100% real human hair and can be colored, curled, straightened, and washed just like your own hair.

The way these are installed is is they are sandwiched between strands of your own hair with tape that is specifically made to hold the hair extensions.

Now I will tell you that I believe you should have a professional apply these. I do not suggest trying to DIY this at all. If you place these incorrectly you may end up damaging either extensions or your own hair.

When these are applied they are undetectable. You can run your hand down the back of your head and not be able to feel it. These do not feel very heavy on your scalp and feel very natural. Now of course if you had super short hair like me then your hair will of course feel heavier. The tape is the same color as the hair so they are hair to see even when not covered by hair. You can still scrub your scalp in the shower and brush your hair like normal.

Maintenance:

If taken care of they can last you up to a year. Now seeing as these are taped to your real hair they do have to be moved up every few months.  This process is very quick and shouldn’t take any longer than your initial application. These do cause very very minimal damage to your hair and are by far the safest option for hair extensions that you can get. These are very sturdy and I have found that they stay put very well. I honestly don’t see how these would slip out at all.

Now this is also why I say you should have a professional install AND maintain your extensions. If too much or not enough hair is placed between the wefts they may slip out.

Now you do need to brush your hair atleast twice a day to keep them from tangling. Aslo don’t forget that these are not directly connected to your scalp so these do not get the nutrients that your scalp gives your own hair. That being said you do not need to wash your hair every day. If you wash your hair everyday you strip your extensions of any oils that are in them which will leave them dry and damaged. I would suggest using a conditioning treatment on your hair once a week and using sometime of dry oil on your extensions also. 

Also I would suggest wearing your hair in a braid when you sleep. If you sleep with your hair loose it may cause damage to the extensions or cause them to knot.

My over all Thoughts:

Over all I love these extensions! They blend so well with my short hair and look the most natural of tall the extensions ive ever tried.  They are easy to style and hold a curl very well. The color selection is fantastic. The quality of the hair excellent and the installation time is very minimal. 

These are perfect to offer length to short hair, highlights of color without damaging your hair, or just to add some fullness to your hair.

1 comment:

  1. You look BEAUTIFUL!!! (BEFORE & AFTER OF COARSE) I just love extensions!! 👩‍🦳👧👱‍♀️

    ReplyDelete