Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation Review

Hey all!

So I have been testing out the Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation for a few months now and I am ready to give a full review on this baby!

So lets start with the claims!
Dior claims this foundation is:
  • weightless
  • natural finish and natural-looking glow
  • sun protection
  • even-looking complexion
  • enhances complexion
  • radiant sheer finish
Dior states that the foundation is formulated with soft-focus agents and glazed pigments to even the complexion. It is also formulated with hyper oxygenated oil, cranberry oil, vitamin and minerals.

Fist let me say that I LOVE this foundation.
I completely disagree with the claim of a "sheer coverage" this foundation is the BOMB and the coverage is too!!
It is completely weightless and very buildable! I am the kind of person where my concealer is reserved for my under eyes and highlighting only. I just don't see the point in spending money on a foundation that can't cover blemishes and imperfections without concealer. That being said I understand sometimes we ladies have that huge blemish that can only be concealed with copious amounts of concealer, foundation, and powder but generally speaking I don't use concealer for things like that.
To preface the rest of the review I have dry to normal skin with no "dry or flaky patches."

That being said I was a little skeptical about this foundation being that it claimed to have sheer coverage and its a serum foundation. I just had to pick this up because I am a sucker for dior and it had great reviews online so I gave it a try.
So my first impression of the foundation is Wow! This is freaking cool!
So this is a very liquidy foundation as you would expect from a  serum foundation BUT it dries to a powder finish while still giving a very natural finish to the skin. It features a dropper which I love because I feel its more sanitary and less messy. I generally use about two drops of this foundation to cover my entire face and maybe half another drop to go over any pesky blemishes. That being said this will last you a long time.
The foundation is extremely buildable and no matter how many layers you put on this will look like skin. It never looks cakey or greasy on my skin either. I do not set this foundation seeing as I have dry skin an di never have any issues with transfer or it disappearing by the end of the day.

Seeing as I don't set this foundation powders such as blush, bronzer, and highlighters blend beautifully over it also. I use concealer under my eyes and around my face to highlight and it blends beautifully on top of the foundation also.

I love this foundation so much that I chose this for my wedding day! It lasted all day through the hugs, kisses, laughs, and eating. I knew I wanted a foundation with high coverage to where I didn't have to cake my face with multiple layers of products to cover my moderate acne and I also wanted to have a natural finish.
(this was me after all the festivities of my wedding day :) of course I had a tshirt to commemorate the day)
This foundation was absolutely perfect for my big day! I got so many compliments on my skin and my makeup that day and I felt radiant.

My favorite way to apply this is actually with a small poder brush. I love the real Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
 
 
This brush is perfect for applying this foundation. Its not expensive either which is a plus! its dense and small enough to get right near your hair line or around your eyes. It gives you a streak- free finish and is just perfect! Side note: I love real technique brushes they are very affordable and also high quality!
 
 
 
To recap:
 
Pros:
  • Weightless
  • medium buildable coverage
  • natural finish
  • SPF 20 (Wooh for sun protection)
  • lit from within glow :)
Cons:
limited shade range
 
 
The only bad thing I can say about this foundation is that they have a very limited shade range. If you normally wear the lightest shade in a foundation range im afraid dior doesn't have a foundation to match you, same goes for my dark skinned ladies. I feel like they skipped and entire shade range of women which is disappointing because that's an entire range of women that cant use the foundation!
Dior you need to get with it and expand your shade range!
 
Other than the lack of shades i would have to say the foundation is completely worth the $53 US that I paid for this foundation! I love it so much I have it in my winter (vampire pail ) shade and my summer ( glorious tan) shade :)
 
 
Thank you all so much for reading my review :) check out my other reviews if you can!
Love always,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment